Easter

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Colorblind.........

I have always told my kids that I am colorblind because when it comes to skin color, I am colorblind. So, a couple of weeks ago this was a conversation I had with the kids........

Tayvia: "Mommy, the boys are lying and tell me that you are colorblind".

Mom: "I am colorblind".

Paxton: (points to a green piece of paper) "What color is this paper"?

Mom: "Green".

Tayvia & Paxton: "See you are not colorblind"

Mom: "I am colorblind about skin color".

Tayvia: "What color is my skin"?

Mom: "The same as yours".

Tayvia: "No mommy, I am brown and you are white"!

Mom: "That's not how it works in my world.  We are all the same skin color".

Kyser: "What mom is really saying is that she is metaphorically color blind".

Mom:  "Yep, that smart thing that Kyser just said"!!!!!


I L💜VE them so much and all of their curiosity and purity 😍!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment