Easter

Friday, March 8, 2019

I L💜VE This Girl!

I cannot tell you how much I love my dog Sally.  She came to me two years ago during a very rough period in my life and she was MY rescue dog.  Isn't it great how our pets always love us unconditionally and are SO excited to see us?  Sally is my kids first pet and her name was chosen by them.  This is how they picked her name:

Mom: "Ok kids, as long as you can agree on a name for a girl dog, we will use that name" (I was expecting this process to take days considering all 3 kids had to agree).

3 minutes later............................................

Kyser (the spokesperson): "Mommy, we picked a name.  We want to name her Sally.  We know how much you love and miss your friend Sally so we want you to always have Sally around from now on".

At this point I start to tear up because this gesture by my kids was incredibly sweet and thoughtful.  You see, Sally was one of my dearest friends from dental school.  One of the top 5 nicest people I have ever known.  A couple years after we graduated, she was diagnosed with a rare lymphoma and after a valiant 18 month fight, she lost her battle with cancer.  I was devastated😭.  So the fact that my kids named our dog Sally makes this dog extra special to me.

Now, here's another crazy thing.  I have never had a personal opinion on reincarnation.  I didn't believe or nor believe in it.  But let me tell you something, my dog is my girlfriend reincarnated and she brings me comfort in ways that no one else can.  I thank God all the time for bringing Sally back to me😊.

So today is Sally's 2nd birthday.  Happy Birthday my beloved dog🐶!!!!!!!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment